MTS is setting in and fast!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Menagerie

Aquarium Advice Addict
I just wanted to share this realization that my fiancé and I are suffering from MTS.
For Valentine's Day last year, I bought my fiancé a 20gal tank to house small community fish while he was away on a fishing trip :evil: After doing research on freshwater community fish, I bought the fish and most are still with us. They currently reside in the 29gal tank because we bought the cichlids an 80gal tank.
While in the LFS the other day, I stumbled upon Badis badis and bought some for the community tank. After watching them and researching them, we decided to get a 10 gal hex tank just for them. That tank is shaping up nicely.
I used to have bumblebee gobies, but they were out competed for food and I did not fully understand their salt needs. I loved those fish! Since we have a 20gal sitting around empty, it will become a bumblebee gobie tank (once I locate the gobies).
In the future we want to move the community fish into a 50gal tank because peaceful cichlids are full of personality and are soooo cute!
I know once the 29 gal tank is empty I will want to put some fish in it. Plus my fiancé wants a turtle tank (in the distant future). We are currently renting a three bedroom apartment, which we share with 3 cats, two cockatiels and of course our finned friends! Do we now qualify for MTS benefits?

lol! I wish my BF has MTS like me. We're in a two bedroom apartment with 3 cats, a 40lb dog, and 3 tanks (and 2 unused on the patio for repair). I tried to get a budgie about a week ago but she was snapped up before I could get her :p You must be on the ground floor apartment like we are. I want pics of your tanks! :)

I know your pain.

In addition to the tanks in my sig, I have another empty one waiting to be set up, as well as a dog and a cat, and am thinking myself about a turtle tank.

my dad said for me to get a turtle tank because fish would be too expensive lol...
turtles are more expensive

specially if there is any shell damage, or they need to do somthing to get through the shell.

I wish I could get a turtle tank. It's illegal for pet stores to sell turtles here though. Something about salmonella poisoning years and years ago.

I used to have them when I was a kid though. We kept them partially outside in summertime. One of them escaped, my neighbour found it walking down the street. I had to go to the local Humane Society and pay $10 to bail her out of turtle-jail.

MTS is wonderful. Make sure its MTS and not mts though :) Big tanks good, small tanks bad :)

The tanks in my sig are currently up and running happily. Then I have 5 more sitting on the counter empty.

Yeah MTS, guilty!!!!!! Only I just finished moving my three tanks and it reminded me of how much work it is! I really want a 48 or 55gal, just wincing at the thought of having to move that sucker one day :x Oh, well will need to cave and buy one, 4 clown loaches to move soon.

I have it too! I just set up my 125 gallon south american tank this weekend, transferred from my (now empty) 55 gallon tank. I also have a 10 gallon at work with 1 lonely but murderous fancy goldfish, and a 15 gallon at home that I'm going to use to raise livebearers - either mollies or guppies, haven't decided yet.

I have had mts problems in my 55 that I'm sure will transfer... but I'm planning to medicate with Clown Loaches :lol: I don't know if they're mts or just regular snails though, what's the diff?

I need to sell this 55 quickly, before any fish can magically appear in it!

I'm trying not to catch the fever, but my lfs is having a tank sale. I just move a bookshelf from one corner of the living room and I'm thinking about how nice a curved glass corner tank (92 gal) would look there...

My fiancé and I have been looking at curved corner tanks and the five-sided corner tanks (50 gal) to be our new community tank. Maybe after our tax refunds come in (wishful thinking!)….

Back
Top Bottom