My 20 gallon setup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

trybal

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey all. Just thought I'd show my off my tank and see what everyone thinks of it so far. I am running a Aqua clear 30 power filter, a Ehiem heater, and a air pump with 10'' air block. As of now the cycling is almost complete, and there are three hi-fin platys. What all else should I add, fish, decorations, ect.

Attachments

• tank.jpg
    tank.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 106
I like the background, but the natural scene conflicts with the what's in the tank. If you can find a background that isn't natural looking, it might add to the uniqueness of the tank. With an air pump, you can add a few bubble features.

With most people going for the natural look in their tanks, yours is by far one of the more unique tanks I've seen here and stand out as very original. With a little more imagination, it's could become a surrealist nightmare.

There are many pluses. With the artificial plants, and a near empty tank, you can move things at will without causing death or killing the roots. I've killed many plants trying to have an aquarium that is also an erector play set. I'd love to be able to rearrange my tank every 2-3 weeks and have a different look when ever I wanted.

Thanks! the more i look at it the more i like it. maybe a background change in the future. My tanks still isn't cycled, i believe. as of yesterday my ammonia was at .50 nitrate was 0 and nitrite was at 0. :( I want it to be cycled before i add more fish. i really want it to be cycled!! hahaha

Back
Top Bottom