My COry DIed, SHould I get more

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The_Desacrator

Aquarium Advice FINatic
One of my cory cats unfortunately died. I don't think it was disease as all the other fish are happy and playful. Should I get more. I have 2 left now. Got them from Petsmart

I would keep an eye on them for a while. Is your tank cycled yet? Could have been ammonia or nitrite poisoning.

I would keep an eye on them for a while. Is your tank cycled yet? Could have been ammonia or nitrite poisoning.

I agree.

Once you are definitely cycled and all is well, then add a couple. :)

Cory cats are the best. Sure they like to run around in a group, but if you’re still working out the kinks with cycling I would wait and not rush it. Once the tank is cycled and all the occupants are happy and healthy, you could consider getting the 2 some friends.

I was pretty positive it was cycled. there might have been a spike of something and he just couldnt handle it.

Ill get a couple more this weekend

to the group thing, two would stick together while the third was usually alone.i think it was the third(nbig one) that died. my mom watches my tank more than i do(she loves my angelfish)

Haven't you only been cycling for like a week? I really think you should wait unless you want to chance losing more fish, but it's up to you. One question: if you were planning on getting more anyways, why did you ask if you should??

If you've still got two, I would get at least four more cories. They're social fish and they like to be in groups. If kept alone or in small groups, cories can actually stress themselves to death. I have eleven pandas in my 20L and they're much more bold and playful than when I had three.

I had 2 cories left after I lost 2 from infections. I noticed with 2 cories, all they would do was hide. I added 2 green cories and now they are back to their cory antics.

Back
Top Bottom