My first baby RCS!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Coleallensmom

Planted Tank Enthusiast
I've had ghosts for a while but just bought my first cherry shrimp in January when I set up my 20 gal. I've had two berried females that have been in semi-hiding for the last month but noticed that one of the females was back to her normal eating patterns this week and seemed egg-less. Been watching the tank the last two days and today I found a baby shrimp hiding in some DHG. Got to looking around and found three more in my Rotala. :D My husband has been making fun of me because I was so excited (spoilsport!) :rolleyes:

Awesome! You will have more than you know what to do with in short order... :p

I think I must have close to a hundred in my 5 gal (started with 12 I think).

Congrats on the new Babies!
Ive been trying to get some Baby amano shrimp, but everytime my female goes around spreading the eggs, the males are right behind picking 'em up and eating them. :(

Maybe once I get some more plants (And my Rotala starts growing out) Ill be able to get some......hopefully

I believe I had two males and three females to start out with. One female disappeared shortly after I bought them. I've had just the two males and two females left ever since, so you can imagine why I am so happy to see some little ones in there!

Congrats on the new Babies!
Ive been trying to get some Baby amano shrimp, but everytime my female goes around spreading the eggs, the males are right behind picking 'em up and eating them. :(

Maybe once I get some more plants (And my Rotala starts growing out) Ill be able to get some......hopefully

Thanks..I have quite a bit of plant cover and cave of sorts that I made with a piece of driftwood and a rock, so hopefully they have enough places to hide from my danios.

Hopefully you have some babies soon!

Give her hiding spots for the eggs..You ought to have some shrimplets then!

My 2nd berried shrimp's eggs hatched today. The babies are TINY! Wow! Caught a snapshot of one of the older babies today while it was sitting in some plants feeding. Sooo much bigger then the new babies, but still smaller then a Rotala leaf!

img_1247512_0_bda48a50d8102e336c549f98276b3472.jpg

Back
Top Bottom