My fish are all dying!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I got home and my algae eater was dead. :( Poor little fellah.

So out of the 7, there's 4 left. Two danios (Yay, my old one is still alive after all!) and the two white tetras. They aren't surface breathing anymore. Of the three fishes I bought sunday, there's just one left alive.

I bought a bubbler but I'll return it... not that I don't want one, but this thing is the noisiest thing on the block. Maybe it's defective. I can't believe they wrote "Silent" on the box.

EDIT: Oh and I bought a new pH test. My water's pH is at 6. That's the exact same as my tap water's acidity.

With the bubbler thing. if you make sure it's not touching anythind, it should be pretty quiet.
Sorry to hear about your fish!

WEll it's not touching anything...as in it's standing on a table, rattling about... Even in my hand it's noisy!

And not just a little noise. heck's coming to town.

ROFL! LOL!
Maybe you could set a washrag under it? I did that with one of mine.
HAHAA! Wow, that really made me laugh!

WEll it's not touching anything...as in it's standing on a table, rattling about... Even in my hand it's noisy!

And not just a little noise. heck's coming to town.

LOL! So many aquarium things say 'silent' very few are!
I got a bubbler which is entirely submerged so the only thing out of the water is the air line as such it claimed to be 'silent', of course it wasn't at all!

Tell me about it!

I returned it. The convo with the fish guy went something like this...
Me:"Yea uh, I bought this thing and it's pretty noisy..."
Clerk:"No kidding. Everything by these guys are."

So I bought an Aquaclear bubbler instead. It's more silent...ish. :p But I disconnected it... Is it normal that my danios aren't able to swim from the current??? Wow, I can't believe how strong this thing is. And THAT'S for a 5 gallon tank!

I got the Aqua Culture from Walmart and it's silent. And no, my bubbles don't push the fish around at all. That is one powerful bubbler!!!

I got the Aqua Culture from Walmart and it's silent. And no, my bubbles don't push the fish around at all. That is one powerful bubbler!!!
This one is an Aquaclear bubbler... and it sure is! The smaller danio was struggling against the current. (The bigger, older one was struggling too but less) There's no way it can get close to the area where the bubbler is! If it tries, you can see the little guy just swimming furiously motionless.

And that's the 5 gallon version! I wonder just how strong that 10 gallon one is. o_O

I disconnected it... There has to be a way to regulate the airflow on these things...

Youre not supposed to restrict the air coming out of them. However with that being said, I have done it many times over. I used a gang valve to achieve this.

Youre not supposed to restrict the air coming out of them. However with that being said, I have done it many times over. I used a gang valve to achieve this.
yes I think I saw something in the booklet about gang valves to regulate the airflow... I'll have to look it up this weekend at the pet store. Hopefully that will work!

Back
Top Bottom