my gouramis died

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ADCISCO

Aquarium Advice Freak
:cry: I got up this morning to find my gouramis were dead. :( Now the other ones are dying too. I cant figure it out. They were so pretty. If the rest of these die I quit on the qtank for a while. I'm going out of town on friday and willl be back sunday. I'm gonna dismantle the tank and clean it and put water in from the already cycled 29 gallon tank and then take my danios and put the in there to get it cycling again. I just think that I brought home sick fish :cry:

Sorry to hear that. Heres a few things I did with a qt tank if it helps you.
Putting water from your other tank won't help the cycling but the danios may like the water params being the same. Gravel from your 29 would be great. Also if your qt has a bio filter, run it on the 29 until you need it then move it over. Just a few quick cycling ideas. I had one I used rarely so it was a hassle getting cycled each time or needing it quick. Eventually I just set it up for long term and keep a few fish in it to keep the bac colonies up. If they sit for awhile without fish it the bacteria starve to death.

No sign of life....just dead! Poor babies. Took the rest of the dead bodies back to the store in there little body bag again today....so sad. Its been a bad week....we had 2 hamsterd die too....they ate each other and there were 3 in the cage...and I guess he finished them up....yuck......Daughter thinks they are loose...couldnt tell her what really happened :( I feel like I am running a pet shop!

Aw I'm sorry honey :(

Jeez, and cannibalistic hamsters? I think its time you got your own show on Animal Planet. Maybe ADCISCO's Animals Believe It or Not?

I could probably do it. My dog is frog crazy. She stands outside at night and barks and barks and you can tell what she is barking at by the bark...FROGS! I think she is someone that I knew that was reincarnated as a dog. She does things you wouldnt believe....just like a kid waiting for you to turn your back.

Well I took my little buddies back to the store and got my money back :( .....we are going out of town this weekend and I didnt want to get anymore fish and then leave.....remember the feeder block incident that about cost me my sanity :x :roll: ? I think I am just going to deal with one tank for a while and try and get the other one lined out. Gonna get me an extra sponge and put it in the 29 gallon so I can have it to put in the qtank when I need it. Seems like the smartest thing for me to do right now.i've done enough worrying about fish for a while.....gonna take a mini break and see how things go from there.

Back
Top Bottom