My mew julli cory

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey Shane, that's actually a corydoras paleatus. They get much bigger than julii and need a tank of about 29 gals. Your 7.7 cannot be a good home for this little guy, so I'd take him back. :(

I know he's such a cute tiny little guy now, but he's going to get much bigger. I'm not sure the dimensions of your tank, but it may be big enough for a group of dwarf cories, if you can find them. Corydoras habrosus would be perfect. They stay really small like the one in the pic there. :)

I bet they get big 2

Attachments

• image-584899586.jpg
    image-584899586.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 63
  • image-1990218638.jpg
    image-1990218638.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 70
  • image-3246560235.jpg
    image-3246560235.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 70
  • image-1110001909.jpg
    image-1110001909.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 64
Yes, all your cories need a tank about 30" long, like a 20L or 29.

I have to say I really feel for you because you obviously want to keep fish and have been let down by the pet store with ther bad advice etc. Christmas is coming up couldn't you ask for a larger tank? Web if it's a collective buy off a few relatives??

Well I understand if you don't have a choice but, your tank is so overstocked that keeping all of the fish probably isn't going to work out too well. Since you don't have a test kit, as mentioned in another thread, I'm guessing you haven't cycled this tank and have been adding all of these fish w/o testing your water, so you will likely have fish die off due to build up of toxins like ammonia and nitrite. The amount of waste all of your fish are producing is too much for a tank of this size. And keeping active catfish that reach 3" in a 7.7 tank is just cruel in my opinion. Your best bet would probably be to do daily water changes until you can test the water if you want to keep the fish alive. I would highly recommend in the future when stocking a tank that you do not make impulse purchases, and thoroughly research the requirements for each fish you want.

Back
Top Bottom