My Pleco is Growing so Fast!! **Updated Pics!!**

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GouramiFanatic

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I purchased this Pleco on July 13, 2005 and at the time he was just about 2" long. Now just 4 months later he's about tripled in size. The last time I measured him, he was about 5.5-6" (his tail was slightly curved so the measurement that I got was not exact). He's turning into quite the looker! I just love when he sticks his fin straight up. :)

Here are some then and now pictures. The first photo was taken during the first week that I bought him. The second and third photos were taken this past Friday.

Image1.jpg

Image2a.jpg

larger photo can be seen here..

Image3a.jpg

larger photo can be seen here..

Enjoy!!
- Mandy

Fantastic pics! You can really tell the growth from them, especially from the 1st photo, where he is casually grazing on the algae wafer that appears to be so much larger than him!

Thanks for all of the nice words! I know my username is GouramiFanatic, but the more I see of this Pleco, he's quickly becoming my pride and joy!! :) I'm already planning on getting a larger aquarium for my home so I can just transport him to my home rather than 'donate' him back to a pet store when he outgrows the 46 gallon aquarium he's currently in.:)

Zagz said:
Beautiful fish! He is obviously well fed and cared for!
Thanks, that's sort of my personal philosophy. If I get any pet, a fish, dog, cat, etc., I do all I can to make sure that they're as happy and healthy as they can be. I take pet ownership very seriously. :)

Of course, without this forum and all of it's members I wouldn't know how to properly care for these fish so I'm, very thankful for all of the things I've learned here by being a member. :)

- Mandy

Back
Top Bottom