My Strategy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

I found a 10 gal tank at the thrift store for $4.99. No leaks, cleaned up like brand new. Heres the strategy plan. My 5 gal QT tank basicaly turned into a regular tank and lost it's purpose, it contains danios, snails, and plants. So I want to switch it to the new 10 gal and revert the 5 gal back to a real QT/Hospital tank.

The plan is to put the fish, plants, and snails in a bucket temporarily. Then I want to put new sand in the 10 gal and leave the 5 gal rocks in the 5 gal tank. Then setup the 10 gal with the cycled 5 gal filter and just put the fish, plants, and snails in the new tank. Is this cool? Is there anything else I should prepare or watch out for?

It should work out fine. I don't know what kind of filter it is, you may need to upgrade it eventually. You may see a mini cycle but it should not be anything a PWC or 2 wouldn't keep in check.

Okie Dokie then. I added the sand and just finished cutting a glass top. The filter is a whisper 10 gal, so it should be OK. Im gonna go put all the fish/plants/snails in a bucket now. I have to put the 10 gal on the stand the 5 gal is on.
TFTH

Back
Top Bottom