Mystery fish????!?!?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

platylover26

Aquarium Advice Regular
I need help explaining a peculiar situtation in my fish tank. So, one day I discovered a small little platy fry swimming around in my tank, smaller than all the other fry. She appeared out of know where and it had been at least a month or two after my female had dropped. This little platy fry looked way different from all the rest. She was not black and orange. She was a cute peachy pink color, and she had a pintail, compared to the rouned ones of her siblings. I named her misty, short for mistique. Her full name is Mistique Marceline y amiga de los caracoles Rodriguez. :lol: anyway where did she come from? My only guess is that she came from my female, who passed before/ while dropping fry, and misty was the only fry she managed to drop before dying. I dont think she could have gotten tangled in the bushy plants I got and been brought home because I saltdip my plangs first, which would have probably killed her. Any answers? Please!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :thanks: :thanks: :fish1: :huh:

They can drop fry many weeks or months after being brought home from the store, if they were exposed to male in the store or at the supplier. She looked different in color because she probably took after the male parent. The pin tail could have been a birth defect, or she could be another kind of fish altogether (although that is unlikely unless you brought her home by mistake with another fish you bought). Female livebearers do often pass away after giving birth. It takes a lot out of them, and some just don't make it. And we DO need a pic to be able to tell you what kind of fish she was.

Back
Top Bottom