mystery snail eggs are they still alive

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Talon242

Aquarium Advice Freak
It has been 4 weeks and 2 days and they havent hatched yet. I read they can take up to 5 weeks. They don't smell bad. But I don't know if they will hatch or not. I'm not sure what to do with them. I can post a photo later if that will help determine if they are fertile to begin with.

Okay well heres a picture of them in my gallery but there pending approval... Yeah they are above the water line. There actually on the hood of the 10 gallon tank.

Edit: I guess I attached them too lol opps I'm confused.

Attachments

• eggs_588.jpg
    eggs_588.jpg
    188 KB · Views: 56
  • eggs_213.jpg
    eggs_213.jpg
    188 KB · Views: 59
  • eggs_190.jpg
    eggs_190.jpg
    188 KB · Views: 72
I agree they look good. In my experience, bad eggs are white. The time frame for them is very, very lenient.

your post made me curious to check on mine and i have babies!! LOL... but i put mine in a separate 1 gallon tank.. floating on a piece of styrofoam.. so they wouldn't get eaten.

i think its been about 2 weeks but i don't know how long they were in the tank, I found them when i was doing a PWC. There are a TON!!! LOL.

also i noticed little black dots inside the eggs a few days to a week before they hatched.. i guess it was the embryo or shell developing.

The eggs look healthy Talon242, I know it is hard (when I am waiting for eggs to hatch I check about 100 times a day) but have patience! :rainbow1:

Back
Top Bottom