Name?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sugarloves

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have my frog for so long now and Im quite sick of calling him Froggy. My boyfriend, who bought it for me, was supposed to name it but he never got around to it. This is silly, he needs a name; any suggestions?

Try an obvious one:
Kermit
Hoppy
Or try a literary reference to a favorite book:
Frodo Baggins -- my 17 year old cockatiel sigh
Tally, Errol or Zoot -- my sister-in-law's birds :roll:
Or even just a good name:
Fred
Have fun! Don't take yourself too seriously! :lol:

Bartholemew, The squish, Jaws, Floater, Wart.

You should turn this into a competition. I don't know what the winner should get but it could be fun though. :lol: :fadein: :lol: :fadein: :lol: :fadein:

Hope she doesn't "live" up to her namesake. :roll: (croak)

LOL. A friend of mine named her cat Mini Me, after the character in austin powers. And he is a troublemaker! He slinks around like a bandit waiting to cause a disturbance.

I was going to suggest spot or kermit, but then I realized there was a second page. Got beat to it!

It doesn't really occur to me to name pets. My fish don't have names, except for the betta. But I usually call him "The Betta". My cat didn't have a name. People called him "The Little Tyke" to differentiate him from the other black cat that was much larger. When people asked, I just said his name was tyke, because it seemed to bother them that he didn't have a name.

Out of curiousity, why do people name their pets?

Probably to personalize them. We spend so much time, energy and money on them... we want to show/prove that we "know and understand" them by gifting them with a name to show our affection. My family once had a purebred dog, to register them you need to pick 3 names to distinguish them from others in the boodline charts. The dog's last name became the family name, Tiffany Carmen Midyett. :roll:

Back
Top Bottom