Need Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

etcramer

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a 55 gal freshwater. Have had it running for 10+ years. Recently lost my fish. My water levels got out of whack. Low ph and high ammonia levels. Also, had a oily film on top of water. Went to fish store and had asked for advice. Got rid of the oily film and added live bacteria back in since I have no fish left in there now. Added PH up and Ammonia blocker. Still very low PH levels. Tested my PH from tap water that I use to fill tank and it is on the higher level and probably better than what I have now. I already did a 50% water change and added on another filter to help. What should I do to get the levels back right so I can add fish.

Would it be better off to just start over and refill with tap and add in another dose of live bacteria? Basically starting over or is there something else I can do to fix the water I have now. What are your thoughts?

The liquid ph additives are pretty much garbage and will tend to cause huge ph swings. What exactly are your water parameters? Ph, kh, gh, ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate?

With those answers we will he able to better help you.

Back
Top Bottom