Need info (outdoor grow outs)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mematrix

Aquarium Advice Regular
:D Hi all. Me an d a good friend of mine are trying to find information on setting up and operating out door grow out ponds. We both are breeding Apistogrammas and were wondering if any one has any experience in doing this. I am planning on setting up 4 100-125 gal in ground ponds to grow out my apistos in. I live in the Dallas Ft Worth texas area we have prety hot summers so I believe it is possible. So any one with Info on building setting up out door ponds any help would be much apreciated.

Sincerely Curtis

There are biological filter setups made for ponds, or you could simply use a big powerhead in each one, with some sort of canister (Like PVC, perforated, and filled with bulk filter material) The only thing is, they clog faster than in an aquarium, and need more frequent maintenance. The sunlight and insects should be great for the fish, just make sure nothing harmful can get into the ponds. Load them up with hornwort, and the fry will love it.

Back
Top Bottom