Neon Themed tank??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dbaeunn

Aquarium Advice Activist
I want a neon-colored themed tank, but it's SOOOO hard to find anything besides, the GloFish Plants. Only thing I am able to find decoration wise that's actually neon is a pink and green bettle car..

Anyone have out of the ordinary tanks? I'd love to see them, or hear when you bought your items. PetSmart and Pet Supplies Plus just aren't cutting it decoration wise.

if you hunt around you can find florescent gravel , you could paint your own background with florescent paint or markers

I have gravel and plants.. I'm looking more for neon items besides those to put in the tank.

You mean like this?

img_3065173_0_73272f393daa4d05f4f3930b59c38c75.jpg

Jellyfish were found here: http://www.amazon.com/Glowing-Artif...e/dp/B00DQM9BAE/ref=pd_bxgy_petsupplies_img_y

The lionfish decoration was here: http://www.amazon.com/Aquarium-Arti...413222508&sr=8-8&keywords=pink+lionfish+decor

All the other decorations came from Petsmart, Petco, or my LFS.

YES!! And no. I'd rather not need the lights for the things to glow to show their neon-ness.

I'd rather them be more like this car, naturally colored. I do wish there was a way I could paint my terracotta pots, but I don't dare.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_14131517719508511.jpg
    FB_IMG_14131517719508511.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 104
I have the blue lighting for maximum neon-ness, but the tank is still very neon in regular lighting too:
img_3065262_0_4aea18c9eaea16c01d706da3304a15ee.jpg

I did a write up of all the "neon" decorations I found when I was putting the tank together. I'll dig them up as soon as I'm back at the computer the list is on.

I'm looking for things more out of the ordinary, and items that my ADF will enjoy as well. Sounds like it's going to be a tough find..

Wow Luanenko!!! What a beautiful tank!!! It's gorgeous ^_^

Thanks! It's my "Mad Science" tank :)

I looked through my Glow Tank research list and unfortunately all of the decorations I found were ones that weren't very neon on their own... They were all ones that either glowed in the dark, or turned cool colors under a blue or black light. Finding some that are neon to begin with was rare, and I was worried that having neon decor on top of the neon plants would be a little too tacky/overwhelming with how densely I wanted to have the plants packed in. In a less dense aquascape I can see how the neon decor would work a little better.

Best of luck on your search, and please post pics once done so we can all ooh and ahh over it :D

I have the blue lighting for maximum neon-ness, but the tank is still very neon in regular lighting too:
img_3065832_0_4aea18c9eaea16c01d706da3304a15ee.jpg

I did a write up of all the "neon" decorations I found when I was putting the tank together. I'll dig them up as soon as I'm back at the computer the list is on.

Wow. I never thought I'd see a neon tank I liked. That's actually pretty. I think it helps that your colors are balanced (mostly reds and yellows with just accents of green and blue) and the gravel is black. Well done!!

Sent from my iPhone with three hands tied behind my back.

Back
Top Bottom