New 10 gallon Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dmiller383

Aquarium Advice Regular
Okay so I have an old 10 gallon aquarium and light it's not what lighting I'm wandering about but it's that I will be doing this without a filter I have a bubble maker and I know bettas can live in bad conditions so I have chosen to get one of them and was wandering if live plants would be fine in it because I have been taking out of my 12 gallon shrimp tank because they are growing like crazy so my question is will the plants live with lights bubble maker and water changes a few times or so throughout the weeks

Why don't you just get a filter? That makes no sense to me.
Bettas don't need a bubble maker, run a filter instead and still only have one cord running into the tank...

Would also go for a filter.

Plants shouldn't notice the difference.

Do you need a heater is the other thing I can think of for setup.

Thanks for all the help I think I will wait a bit to get a filter and also no I do not need a heater it never gets cold enough here in florida so I'll be fine without one.

Sounds nice climate (I hope :) )

It's a decent size tank and water changes / plants will help but a cheap filter will help prevent diseases, etc and actually save money down the track. Are you thinking a filter may disturb a bubble nest?

I live in Florida and I always have a heater with bettas. They really prefer about 80 degrees and unless you keep your house at 84 you need a heater. Remember the water temp is always a few degrees cooler than the air. So even though a betta may seem ok in 74 degree water they will really thrive at 78-80. I spawned at 80 degrees and my last one lived over 3 years.

And yes they do need a filter as well.

Honestly with everyone saying to get a filter, I'm gonna go out and say that a sponge filter would keep everyone in the tank happy, since there isn't much flow(bettas hate flow) and you can still use the bubbler.

Bettas need filters , but for a setup like this, I don't think a hob would be a good idea.

Honestly with everyone saying to get a filter, I'm gonna go out and say that a sponge filter would keep everyone in the tank happy, since there isn't much flow(bettas hate flow) and you can still use the bubbler.

Bettas need filters , but for a setup like this, I don't think a hob would be a good idea.

I agree on the sponge filter. Much more gentle on water flow and finnage.

Back
Top Bottom