New 210 gallon stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rcnewton22

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Setting up a 210 gallon tank and transferring four bala sharks and a pleco from my 75g to it. Would like recommendations for what else to put in the tank, I do like fish that grow to decent size but would like past experience on what types have gotten along with balas, thanks.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

You could do some earth eaters, red head tapajos or something similar, they'd stay low and out of the cruising range of the Balas.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thanks I had never heard of those, very nice fish I like them!

Do you have experience with arowana? I have seen quite a few but never heard from anybody keeping them to get examples of temerament diet etc

Temperament**

Arrowana probably is not the best idea for that tank...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Geophagus are great fish. I have 6 geophagus altifrons in my 150 gallon tank. They are a big non-aggressive fish. I keep them with 7 adult angelfish with no problems.

Another option is to go with large schools of rainbowfish, especially Boesmani, turquoise and New Guinea reds.

Nice thanks for the suggestion how big do the geophagus get full grown?

Nice I'll have to see if any of my local stores can get them

Your best bet is to have your local store special order them for you.

I purchased 4 of mine from aquabid.com. The seller was a Florida fish farm.

Thanks for the info

Found a local store that has a breeder who supplies redhead tapajos for $20 at 3-4" is this an ok price?

Okay might have to use aquabid.com just always a little.nervous about shipping fish

It may be worth the peace of mind to buy them locally. However, I have had fish shipped through the post office many times and have never had a DOA.

Fish are extremely resilient. Wild caught fish are captured locally in tropical countries, shipped to a local wholesaler, shipped overseas to another wholesaler, and then shipped to local pet shops. There are probably steps in between that I'm missing.

Alright I appreciate the info I'll probably give it a go in a few more days once the tank has finished cycling

Back
Top Bottom