New aquascape 75 gal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dragon shadow

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I am ready to start my next tank, a 75 gal aquascape. Going to have driftwood , a quartz rock cave some small to med. size plants and grass . I will run a bio wheel on both sides and a just bio canister. Plus a co2 system. I have a aqua life t5 ho x 4 lighting system . My wife has a 30 aquascape that is just beautifull so I'm pretty excited to get it going. I also have a 120 gal with Juripari's 2, clown loaches 2, and 1 chocolate chiclid. Anyway I wanted med. fish in this one and was thinking about German blue rams. I am looking for suggestions on what I could put with them . The tank will be pretty bright with the small to med plants but will have the cave and root for relief . The tank is 48 inches wide and one side I will attach 2 or 3 pieces of drift wood to flat rock to angle the roots in position . The rock of course will be covered with substrate . The other side will have the quartz rock cave. Will be using thin flexible cutting board plastic to keep the substrate behind the rock to prevent cavings and cover the rocks with substrate
Sorry for the long post
Anyway please give suggestions on what fish would go good in this tank with my German rams

I am ready to start my next tank, a 75 gal aquascape. Going to have driftwood , a quartz rock cave some small to med. size plants and grass . I will run a bio wheel on both sides and a just bio canister. Plus a co2 system. I have a aqua life t5 ho x 4 lighting system . My wife has a 30 aquascape that is just beautifull so I'm pretty excited to get it going. I also have a 120 gal with Juripari's 2, clown loaches 2, and 1 chocolate chiclid. Anyway I wanted med. fish in this one and was thinking about German blue rams. I am looking for suggestions on what I could put with them . The tank will be pretty bright with the small to med plants but will have the cave and root for relief . The tank is 48 inches wide and one side I will attach 2 or 3 pieces of drift wood to flat rock to angle the roots in position . The rock of course will be covered with substrate . The other side will have the quartz rock cave. Will be using thin flexible cutting board plastic to keep the substrate behind the rock to prevent cavings and cover the rocks with substrate
Sorry for the long post
Anyway please give suggestions on what fish would go good in this tank with my German rams

Rams in general r usually somewhat peaceful right? ( according to what I heard )
First things first. Do u want to make the tank a semi-aggressive , full aggressive , or community?

Also, some fish will dig up live plants. The ones tied to sturdy rocks/decor/driftwood should be fine. The ones just planted in substrate may get dug up if u get a fish that likes burrowing or digging around the substrate.

Ty for replying ,

I'm thinking of maby 3 pairs of 2 to 4 inch peacefull fish. I do want 1 of the pairs to be German blue rams . My friend has some and love them. I also need to find fish that will not mess with the plants and don't mind the lighting I have.
Here are some pics of my 120 and 30 gal tanks

Attachments

• image-2238403277.jpg
    image-2238403277.jpg
    176.4 KB · Views: 75
  • image-3103580930.jpg
    image-3103580930.jpg
    161.7 KB · Views: 57
  • image-4080013214.jpg
    image-4080013214.jpg
    165.1 KB · Views: 58
  • image-2067856894.jpg
    image-2067856894.jpg
    158.5 KB · Views: 73
  • image-2147891950.jpg
    image-2147891950.jpg
    182.7 KB · Views: 77
  • image-752497384.jpg
    image-752497384.jpg
    182.9 KB · Views: 68
You could do 2 German blues, and 2 keyhole cichlids, or festivum cichlids. Also, a school of cory cats and tetras would be good filler. You could also do a pair of uaru. Uaru get big, but they are peaceful, and grow slow, and you have a bigger tank that you could move them to, and they would fit right it with the stock of the 125!

Thanks for the advice

I looked up both the keyhole and the festivum cichlids and they look great . I will def. get 1 or both of them . Good looks man thanks
Hey what you think about some 3 to 4 inch shrimp with the cichlids ?

Thanks for the advice

I looked up both the keyhole and the festivum cichlids and they look great . I will def. get 1 or both of them . Good looks man thanks
Hey what you think about some 3 to 4 inch shrimp with the cichlids ?

I have never kept shrimp with cichlids so I don't knw if u should. The cichlids may think the shrimp as a food source. The rams may not becuz they r a "peaceful" cichlid.

Back
Top Bottom