New equipment?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Coel

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a 75 gallon semi planted tank. Today I had a wipe out for no reason. Everyone was acting normal yesterday and today alot were dead. I am very sad. I had to leave for work so i did an emergency 75% water change and used prime. My wife had kept me looped in and havent lost anything else. I am looking to step up my equipment and move forward with this tank. I am running a sun sun filter and some power heads for dead space. I need advice on filter (s) for this tank. Planning on running CO2 and getting a GLA regulator and finnex 24/7 planted lights. Please help pick a filter set up. I am going to run a full liquid test when I get home from work.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G920V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Fluval 4 series. I think it's 406? I really like my Fluval canisters. I have 5 now.

Sorry this happened.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I have explored it and in the past its just been something the wife and have passed on since it's our living room.

Additional info it seems my cycle may have gone through a mini crash or its just the bio ad from a die off. I have all ammonia and nitrite in my system at unhealthy levels. I am doing another change and praying. I vacuumed up as much as I could and netted as well. Any tips on a cycle crash?

So could you get filter media from an established tank to try to restart your bb? Also there is always the ever debated bacteria in a bottle. I've used the refrigerated kind before.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

3 years. I moved it across town a year ago. Only additions in the last year have been a dozen or so rasboras about 6 months ago. Everything else has been pretty routine till today

Have you tested your tap water lately? I'm assuming you use tap and not RO?

Honestly I haven't it's been so long since I had a problem with my tap I will do that tonight

I never test mine either but it's a good starting point for this mystery. You never know what is coming out of the tap

Back
Top Bottom