New fish!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dkpate

Aquarium Advice Addict
I saw an ad on CL for a 26G tank and a dwarf cory. Well, I e-mailed the lady and I am picking up the little guy tomorrow (not the tank)! YAYY! I am so excited, and I think he will do well in my community tank, and he is disease free. :) Just thought I would share!

Congrats! I am glad to hear you got the little guy :) I'm sure he will be happy with you.

Oh I tried to add to your rep but it won't let me lol.

LOL, that's okay. She said she's not a fish person, but she wants to make sure I take his little house because he is quite fond of it. ;) I am really excited, and driving an extra 60 miles (round-trip) to get this little guy LOL. Am I crazy? Naaaahhhhh!

I picked up my little dude today, but it turns out, he's not a cory! I forgot what he was, but I will post his pic later, and try to look it up. :) It's name was Clyde, but it's a chick, so now it's Bonnie LOL. ;)

Here she is! She's pretty cute!
I think she's a brochis splendens but I am not 100% sure. Oh, and she's about 8 years old. :)

Wow, she does look like a cory though.

And wow, 8 years old? ??? I didn't think they lived that long! That lady must have been taking good care of her at least

Nice to meet you Bonnie! Your one lucky fish to end up in dk's tank she'll take the best care of you.

Congratulations dk!

Nevermind, just found this:

Species of the genus Brochis strongly resemble the Corydorus, but they are larger and have more rays in the dorsal fin. The Emerald Green Cory or Iridescent Plated Catfish will generally grow to about 3 inches.

I was gonna say if that's not a cory then bonnie has 3 identical twins in my tank under the name emerald or peppered cory. Haha nice score though

Back
Top Bottom