New Neons :D

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nu-Nu the eel said:
Ya whatever tetras u like! And bn get abt 4-5 " so it would work in my opinion!

Cool cos I've seen a few an thought they look awesome.

Would I have to wait for enough algae growth or would wafers and blanched veg work?

The wafers and blanched vegis will work for long enough for algea to grow! And i tink they like wafers and blanched vegis more then algea, but i might be wrong

It's a 63l or 17g US I think.

And just the Tetra for now :)

Wondering what else would survive in here :)

Personally, I go for 29 gals and up for BN's and similar sized plecos, but many feel 20 is suitable.

Would you mind taking the dimensions of the tank? It's impossible to say if certain fish will work in there or not if we don't know if it's a tall or long tank. :)

siva said:
Personally, I go for 29 gals and up for BN's and similar sized plecos, but many feel 20 is suitable.

Would you mind taking the dimensions of the tank? It's impossible to say if certain fish will work in there or not if we don't know if it's a tall or long tank. :)

It's 42cm high, 61cm long and 31cm deep

2' long
1' deep
1.5' high

Roughly...

Ok so it's very similiar to our standard 20H.

If you do go with a BN, or any algae eaters, I would go ahead and let the tank mature first. Some are more sensitive than others, but I would give it atleast a couple months, and longer if you want to go with something like nerite snails or oto cats since they are more difficult to supplement than most plecos.

Some good species for that size tank would be ember tetras, glowlight tetras, marble hatchetfish, dadios/orange hatchetfish, celestial pearl danios, danio erythromicron, pork chop rasbora, harlequin rasbora, peacock gudgeons, betta, dwarf gourami, sparkling gourami, platties, guppies, endlers, panda cories, and kuhli loaches. You could do some inverts too such as maybe nerite snail, mystery snail, rabbit snail, CPO(dwarf crayfish), red cherry shrimp, blue pearl shrimp, and amano shrimp. Hopefully there's a good idea or two in there for you. :)

You suggested gourmis and bettas? I know it usually works out, but i have herd of some being crazy and killing fish ( especially small neon tetras.. ) my dwarf gourmi swallowed at least 4 of my neons :(

That's definitely not the norm. Bettas and gouramis are generally community safe. Gouramis are considered to be more-so than bettas. Adding a betta is more risky, but still, both fish are popular choices for centerpeice fish in community tanks of this size. I've had many gouramis and bettas in communities and have never lost a fish to one.

I believe, correct me if I'm wrong, that tetrabetta has freeze dried bits in it, which I prefer not to feed at all, but tetramin is great. :)

siva said:
I believe, correct me if I'm wrong, that tetrabetta has freeze dried bits in it, which I prefer not to feed at all, but tetramin is great. :)

Yep freeze dried shrimp and krill, but when I have money I would like to buy a bulk supply.

So TetraMin is the best choice?

And how much would be best to feed em?

:thanks:

Ohh i just give mine flakes, and yea they are supposed to be nice, but mine went crazy! Haha and angelfish are usually predatore twards small fish, but mine has never made a move on any of my glowlights! Crazy stuff!

Nu-Nu the eel said:
Haha try not to over feed the first time, cuz tetras wont stop eating!

Well I tend to feed a lot less that what I get told just so I can see how much doesn't get eaten and sinks.

Can't wait till they flock when the food comes :D

Back
Top Bottom