New plant + cherry shrimp = Need help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rusilja

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey there.

So 2 days ago I bought 2 new plants, inlucing the one on the picture (name, coudln't rememeber)
and I also bought 2 cherry shrimps.

So today I woke up & saw lot's of holes in the new plants. (esp the one on the picture.)

dsc04180jx.jpg

Like the next picture, the shrimp is eating all day long the **** plant.... That's what I think...

It's a beautiful plant :( (srry for the crappy pictures)

Any Idea's, are they realy eating the plants or is the plant just dying?

dsc04174c.jpg

The plant looks like pennywort. Which is a great plant btw. When I had some and would plant it, the leaves did like yours are, but when I let it float it greened up and was fine. Just my experience with it.

We have cherrys in a planted tank and I have only seen them eat dead or dying leaves and algae from off the plants. I've never seen them go after a good, healthy leaf.

The plant looks like pennywort. Which is a great plant btw. When I had some and would plant it, the leaves did like yours are, but when I let it float it greened up and was fine. Just my experience with it.

We have cherrys in a planted tank and I have only seen them eat dead or dying leaves and algae from off the plants. I've never seen them go after a good, healthy leaf.

Wierd, if they are not eating it, who else is?

I have a snail, but only 1, and unfortint. since I got my 2 new plants, I found that there are more new snails... But very small at the moment :(

The snails could be the culprits. Some of them do eat plants. If you want to get rid of them, put a few sinking food pellets or algae wafers in the tank, they will swarm it and make it easy to remove them. Don't add snail killing chemicals because they will kill the shrimp too and make the tank uninhabitable for other inverts.

Oh!!

I googled stuff about my plant, and found out that it can die when u inject DIY co2??!!!

Back
Top Bottom