New SFF betta...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi Guys,
I have a similar betta. The shop owner told me that I cannot keep any other fish with it.
Is there a way I can add some more fish to my tank. The betta is enjoying itself in the 5 gallon tank and I am happy with it, but a few more additions would make the aquarium look lovely.

Please comment

Cheers !!!

Gulzar Ahmed

Hi Guys,
I have a similar betta. The shop owner told me that I cannot keep any other fish with it.
Is there a way I can add some more fish to my tank. The betta is enjoying itself in the 5 gallon tank and I am happy with it, but a few more additions would make the aquarium look lovely.

Please comment

Cheers !!!

Gulzar Ahmed

Well, all I can say is that's rubbish, my two SFFs were in community tanks in the pet shop, and they got along fine as far as I could see. The only problem would be the other fish nipping the SFF's fins, making him look ragged and sore... :(

As for adding to your tank, I think you'd need a bigger tank if you want more fish, Bettas are ok in small tanks, but once you add fish, the small space could cause either species to become aggressive (most likely the SFF) as there is little room to hide... :(

But, good luck with looking for some companions, hope you get some good ones... :D

Dwarf cories or otos are good tankmates for a betta-- just make sure to get 2-3 of them. They're schooling types so they appreciate buddies.

Back
Top Bottom