New tank ideas for stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I still stand by my previous caution on them... They may not have big mouths, but I've personally seen them stress a fish to death with how much they relentlessly harass a fish in what they've laid claim to as their territory... Add in the fact that these territories can be quite large, and you've got a recipe for a community killer if left unmanaged. They can be managed by re-arranging decor when they start taking over the tank, but they can be a very large headache that you have to be willing to put up with.

Im not trying to cause a arguement im just saying that mine hasnt hurt anything in my tank and its a fun fjsh to look at. Besides most fish can be aggressive for different reasons .

So im now looking toward when its fully stocked. Please let me if you think this would work and not be overstocked.
1 blue gourami
2 bolivian rams
2 kribensis
4 yo yo loaches
1 horseface loach
6 galaxy rasboras

Would this be full or would it leave space for a couple more in the future?

It's about right bio-load wise, but some of the fish on that list aren't fully compatible... Galaxy Rasboras are a cooler water fish that are easily intimidated by large fish like the Loaches or the Gourami. Also, they stay fairly small (not even 1" long), so the Yo Yos may eat them once they're full size. Everything else on the list looks fine other than that.

Cherry Barbs, any of the dwarf rainbowfish, or a skirted tetra type as mentioned above would work well instead. All of those prefer the warmer waters that your Rams will need. Stick to a school of 6, as thats about all you'll have room for.

Back
Top Bottom