New tank!!!!! Yay

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SasaC

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello, i started out few months ago with a little 10 gallons and killed the fishes that came with it... Oups... I started to read and learned a lot of stuff... And ended up buying a 65 gallon tank. Which is perfectly healty with live plants too
I have rosselyn sharks
Sesame fishImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1414976708.459901.jpg
Red phantom tetra
Amano shrimps
Snails and one gourami.
I am so excited cuz today i am buying a 135 gallons tank (used one)
I will probably transfer my fishes in there to give them more space..
Any last minutes advices?!

I love my tank and cant wait to start a new one!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Best advice I could offer would be a few of these items.
1. Take your time. Nothing that's rushed turns out easy.
2. Lots of research pays off in the long run.
3. Avoid impulse buying. (Refer to #1 if confused)
4. Don't go by what the guy/gal at the LFS says. It's been proven many times over, they're main objective is to say YES and SELL, SELL, SELL !!
5. If you don't think #4 is true, go in with preloaded questions. Things you've researched that you already know the answers to. Can I put a betta in with an Oscar ?
6. Set a budget. (Pfft... Yeah right) no seriously. Stick as close to it as you can.
7. Make it fun and enjoy it as much as possible. Include the family (if any) to make the hobby last longer.

Sent from my iPhone that doesn't like me. Or you.

Haha yeah thoses are good advices. I was a little to impulsive with the first tank.
I do know a lot about how to set up and do's and don't.
I dont know if its harder a bigger tank or its pretty much the same to maintain

You probably already know that you'll want to somehow transfer the filter media from the current filter to the new one, or run new and old filters side by side ... Or something to preserve the bacteria.

Sent from my iPhone with three hands tied behind my back.

If I had any space left, I'd definately get a 135g as well... I'm gonna be honest about it...: I envy you right now!

For the filtrer you are right. I will need a bigger one as well... Hmmm

The only problem is that he doesnt wanna keep the 65 gallons... I cant have both :(

You can just use the biological media from the 65 gallon's filter to give you a huge head start when you're cycling the new tank.

Your PWCs will be larger with the larger tank, but overall maintenance shouldn't be much more different. If anything, it's easier to maintain stable water conditions in a larger volume.

Congrats in the bigger tank. Post pics when it's all up and running.

On a side note: I about spit out my soda when I read the advice about sticking to a budget. :lol:

Hahaha ;)
Thanks.

Would you guys do one big filter place in the middle of the tank or two smaller one each end?
Which will be best you think?

I will post pictires for sure but i need to find the tank first haha i am looking on kijiji everyday and sending so many emails... Hopefully i will find the right one soon

Back
Top Bottom