New Tankmates for my Clown Pleco and Corys

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GSchmidt

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey guys!

I have been running some ideas through my head about what I should put in my 10 gallon aquarium with my albino Cory, spotted Cory, and Clown Pleco. I just got my two small goldfish a new home, as they were Creating to much waste, and, without upgrading tank size altogether, would soon outgrow their current living quarters. I purchased a heater and water testing kits to be sure that my water wasn't toxic, and now I'm at the stage where I have options.

I was considering adding two African dwarf frogs to the mix, but after some research, I began to rethink that. My three bottom feeder fish are currently very small, the largest being the clown pleco coming in at about an inch and a half (including tail), so I was wondering if the frog idea should be completely ruled out, or if there might be a chance for it, especially since the clown pleco and corys seem peaceful. Could you guys with more experience with fish (and frogs) please help me out in my decision. Thanks!

You still may want to look at upgrading to a 20Long or a 40Breeder.

Cories need groups of their own species IMHO. Any Pleco will produce too much waste for a 10g.

10g stock ?
Tiny Cory species
C pygmaeus
C hastatus or
C habrosus

Celestial Pearl Danios
IMG_0270.jpg
Jellybean Rasboras
Or other Nano species.

I've kept Otos in 10g

You can set it up as a Shrimp only tank and breed Shrimp. Cherry Shrimp are fairly easy. Only Otos are Shrimp safe.
IMG_0751.jpg

Back
Top Bottom