Newbie in need of help! New tank, need advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I live near Manchester so it cost me £20 return on the megabus

Hey guys

The tank is doing really well now as far as I can tell. I've been doing water changes about once every week. The fish seem really happy. As far as I can tell all is well. I never did see any nitrates. I saw nitrites but only low amounts and just for one day.
Ammonia is at 0.2
Nitrites are at 0
And nitrates are at 0

Does this mean that my tank has finally cycled??

I'll be soooo happy if it has.

Sorry I've not been on here for a while. Been busy setting up my own business. Really hectic :D

Hey guys The tank is doing really well now as far as I can tell. I've been doing water changes about once every week. The fish seem really happy. As far as I can tell all is well. I never did see any nitrates. I saw nitrites but only low amounts and just for one day. Ammonia is at 0.2 Nitrites are at 0 And nitrates are at 0 Does this mean that my tank has finally cycled?? I'll be soooo happy if it has. Sorry I've not been on here for a while. Been busy setting up my own business. Really hectic :D
Hey B! Good to hear all is well in the aquatics! A truly cycled tank will have no amm and some nitrates, the test nitrate itself can be a bit if a task, the directions must be followed to the t. if not done correctly it will often yield a negative result! Congrats on the start-up, I went solo for a year and it was a ride;)

Back
Top Bottom