Nitrate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Though a canister would keep your tank cleaner, it wouldn't help the nitrate situation unless you use some sort of chemical filter media to remove it or to absorb the organic materials that lead to nitrates. My suggestion would be more and larger PWCs and some plants like I think someone said before if your lights can support them. Wisteria would be very good at this.

Though a canister would keep your tank cleaner, it wouldn't help the nitrate situation unless you use some sort of chemical filter media to remove it or to absorb the organic materials that lead to nitrates. My suggestion would be more and larger PWCs and some plants like I think someone said before if your lights can support them. Wisteria would be very good at this.

Hey Zimm, not to start a debate in canisters and HOB's but are you saying that canisters keep a tank cleaner then HOB's?

img_2467125_0_a870199b32ebb756b6b3d9254569c524.jpg

img_2467125_1_f949621bbf2420b1299d2b062a87799a.jpg

img_2467125_2_8e74b6dae9600cff563e7ba5ab112a57.jpg

;)

EDIT: I uploaded a few pics can you see them? I can't :(

EDIT EDIT: I tried again to no avail....

Last edited:
Hey Zimm, not to start a debate in canisters and HOB's but are you saying that canisters keep a tank cleaner then HOB's?

;)

EDIT: I uploaded a few pics can you see them? I can't :(

EDIT EDIT: I tried again to no avail....

I think Zimm is just saying that having the additional filtration will keep the tank cleaner (regardless of type) :)

Haha well now I want to see the pictures really bad!

And yes I did just mean that more filtration or a better design in a filter, whatever kind of filter, should keep a tank cleaner

Haha well now I want to see the pictures really bad!

And yes I did just mean that more filtration or a better design in a filter, whatever kind of filter, should keep a tank cleaner

All kidding aside I agree. More filtration is always better :)

Not sure what's up with my images this morning.

I see the pics. Gorgeous tank Convict!! Sooo clean lol ;)

Haha thanks! I can't see anything. Just wanted to show with any filtration if it be HOB or canister. With proper maintenance and good water change scheduling you have achieve pristine water conditions. Of course some good media helps too, I use poly fill and sponge with bio max.

I have in my filter in the first compartment starting at the bottom.

Noodles.
Black sponge
Carbon

Then in second compartment

Noddles
Black sponge
Seachem purigen.

Is this a good setup??

I have in my filter in the first compartment starting at the bottom.

Noodles.
Black sponge
Carbon

Then in second compartment

Noddles
Black sponge
Seachem purigen.

Is this a good setup??

Back
Top Bottom