NOS for fish tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ilikefishes

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok, my rainbowfish are the dominant fish in my tank, and are always beating my neon tetras to the food at feeding time. I inject c02 into my tank, so I was wondering, since my dad has a NOS in his mustang, that if I injected Nitrous into my tank, would my tetras be faster so that they could eat sufficiently?

learn to put some food on one side when the fish go over there to eat put more on the other.

Give the fish some coffee! Caffeine is more effective with lower body weights, so the smaller neons will beat the rainbows!

--Adeeb

At most it would make the fish laugh uncontrollably.. I wonder what that'd look like. Likely it would screw up their swim bladder because of the extra dissolved gases in the water :p

NOS is not street legal, so try to hide it so the cops won't see it!

If the cops get you, just tell them it's for your fish. I'm sure they'll understand ;)

--Adeeb

I've not read, but heard of a study on the effects of caffeine on invertebrates. Unfortunately it is lethal at quite low doses (even factoring in body mass) relative to humans, so there's no way to perk your fish up and make them hyper :lol:

Cocaine?

Of course then you have to worry about your fish becoming a junkie and robbing you and pawning your stuff just to get more coke...

I think one drop of pepsi into a fishes mouth will kill them. hmm if that really works, then it could be a new way of euthanasia. I think it was the caffeine and they probably get a heart attack or something.

New experiment:

10g tank
10 neon tetras

1 grain of ground coffee in a mesh tea strainer
Observe, remove after 24 hours

2 grains of ground coffee
observe, remove

3 grains
repeat :)

New experiment:

10g tank
10 neon tetras

1 grain of ground coffee in a mesh tea strainer
Observe, remove after 24 hours

2 grains of ground coffee
observe, remove

3 grains
repeat :)

I don't know about yours, but my fish will only take Caribou Coffee :p They get some once a week if they behave. If they're naughty, they get McDonalds :morning:

--Adeeb

McDonalds coffee is awesome! But mine get starbucks! And when they misbehave I get them Dunkin Donuts... Blehh

How do you quantitatively record how active fish are? Video tape a specific section of the tank and see how many times the fish enter/exit?

Back
Top Bottom