Number of fish in aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

safwan95

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Heloo! I have a 400 Liters aquarium (105 gallons). It is 2 meters long(78 inches), 50 cm high(20 inches), and 40 cm wide(15.5 inches). I am not sure of the capacity of the fish in such a tank. This is the list of fish I have:

1) 30 blue neon tetras
2) 15 Zebra Danios
3) 4 Angelfish (1 male 3 females)
4) 8 swordtail fish Xiphos (2 males 6 females)
5) 2 Gouramis (1 male 1 female)

You think it is not overpopulated? Thank you a lot for your kind help!!!!

have you tried aqadvisor.com ,somebody reccomend it to me and this is what i used since then to have an idea of my stock levels...hope it helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Heloo! I have a 400 Liters aquarium (105 gallons). It is 2 meters long(78 inches), 50 cm high(20 inches), and 40 cm wide(15.5 inches). I am not sure of the capacity of the fish in such a tank. This is the list of fish I have:

1) 30 blue neon tetras

2) 15 Zebra Danios

3) 4 Angelfish (1 male 3 females)

4) 8 swordtail fish Xiphos (2 males 6 females)

5) 2 Gouramis (1 male 1 female)

You think it is not overpopulated? Thank you a lot for your kind help!!!!

I think the amount if fish is fine. However i see one problem and another potential problem.

Angels: if you get a pair, the other Angels will be pinned to the other end of the tank. The one pair will be vicious to them, i can almost assure that. And it will be a pain to sex them in the first place, even as adults its pretty hard to tell.

And the potential issue is that sometimes, rarely in aquaria, the adult Angel will feed on Neons. Its one of their primary food sources in nature and they sometimes carry that instinct over.

But i think you are fine on the amount of fish. I would consider adding some Cory Catfish as well.

If money cant buy happiness, that why do I need a job? I mean, I should be getting these fish free, since I don't have to pay for happy...

Back
Top Bottom