Odessa barbs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sharkeye

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I am considering adding some odessa barbs to my tank. These guys are hard to come by, not many places have them. I currently have 10 serpae tetras, and 5 cherry barbs. I need to know if they will be compatable tankmates.

For the 20 or 55? For the 55, I'd say they'd do well. The 20 is too short for them. They are extremely active fish. If you can't find them anywhere local, PM me after the holiday weekend and we can work something out. We have a dozen or so available.

definetly the 55, my son has a bunch in his 110, they look good. Why are these so hard to find? How big are the ones you have, and what do they go for? Appreciate the help!

I'm not really sure why they are tough to find. Not a lot of places seem to stock them even though they are pretty available periodically. Tigers, cherries, rubies, etc are the bread and butter barbs that most stick to.

Ours are an inch and a half to two inches. What they go for is variable. We've been selling them for $3.50 each, but freeing a tank by taking them all would definitely earn a big discount. ;)

I may take you up on that, how many are we talking about, and it would definetly be after the holiday as I'll be out of town.

That's great news :) I've read they need lower temps but yours have colored up quite nicely. When I upgrade my barb tank, I plan on adding Odessas... you guys are my first option if you still have them ;)

Have they spawned for you at that temp? J/w cuz IMO that's the best test.

I'd agree with that being one of the best indicators of healthy happy fish for sure. Ours haven't, they're still young.

Back
Top Bottom