Office Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I got the 5 gal Aqua-Tech Hex at Wal-Mart for 29.99. I got a little Junior heater, real quite, works great in the office.

I used to keep an Eclipse Hex 5 tank on my desk at my previous job. It was planted with a sand substrate and I had some cherry barbs swimming around in it. It was equipped with a 50W Tronic heater which kept the temperature stable. I kept a bucket with siphon and dipping net behind my desk and did a partial water change once a week. I fed the fish two or three times a day except on weekends when they weren't fed at all. I had to bring the tank home when I left that job and it is sitting on my kitchen counter right now.

after my boss gave me this:
betta2.sized.jpg

I migrated him to this (when it was brand new):
DSC00152.sized.jpg

I change 1 gallon a week, have to find a way to get rid of the algae :x

After 6 months, this is where I am at:
DSC00489.sized.jpg

It's a 3 Gallon Eclipse tank. I love it :mrgreen:

Contemplating of swapping it out to a condo now :wink: (6 gallon Eclipse)

My Betta is pretty active 8)

Pretty sweet. I love Bettas. Thats a great home for a single betta too...very generous.

If you have an algae problem, is there any way you could put a timer on the light in order to reduce the amount of time it is on in a day? If you leave the light on all the time, you can spark an algae bloom very easily. It looks great though, I dont see anything bad growing in there.

Thats only 9 hours a day. Usually too much light or the light being on too long is the cause for that type of algae. Yours might be caused by something else. More plants is always good! :)

This Eclipse 3 comes with a 6W lamp. The 6 Gallon comes with a measly 8W. I'll have to see how creative I can get :p I had a bunch of Anarchis in there but eventually, they decayed. I was told it could grow floating but not sure :oops:

Back
Top Bottom