Ok every one

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jbaygurl78745

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Had went to the pet store to get my daughter a cpl guppies for her 15g tank pet store told me it would be ok to have 4 males in the tank over the past three days they have all been killed by the yellow one and now there's only the one ?? I'm not quite understanding why there fought to death if the pet store told me they were ok together any ideas???

Pet store people tend to not be that knowledgeable on those types of things. Just get females to be on the safe side.

All males in most cases is usually a no no because they will fight to the death over territory and/or females to spawn with. All females there shouldn't be any aggression issues but if you keep the male then get a few females they will breed like crazy. Unless you want a tank filled with fry in a matter of months I would suggest all females, with no males.

Thank u guys.. I'm jus kinda getting into the hobby was given a 55g from a family member that passed that has a baby Oscar a baby jack n a placo in it (was also given a150 ) for web they get bigger than my hubby got me a cpl bow front tanks for community fish than my kiddos bring home a crayfish so I gave them a 10 for it. And to think a mon ago I only had a 10g tank. This site has been such a help with all my stupid questions.

I guess I'll go get a female guppy although the one male is happy swimming around all by him self like he's taken pride in his victory of killing the others. But my daughter wants more than one. Lol

Jbaygurl78745 said:
Thank u guys.. I'm jus kinda getting into the hobby was given a 55g from a family member that passed that has a baby Oscar a baby jack n a placo in it (was also given a150 ) for web they get bigger than my hubby got me a cpl bow front tanks for community fish than my kiddos bring home a crayfish so I gave them a 10 for it. And to think a mon ago I only had a 10g tank. This site has been such a help with all my stupid questions.

I guess I'll go get a female guppy although the one male is happy swimming around all by him self like he's taken pride in his victory of killing the others. But my daughter wants more than one. Lol

Welcome. Your questions are not stupid, we all need to start somewhere. Glad you found AA and don't be afraid to ask :)

Back
Top Bottom