Omega One fish food

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

omiomia

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I need information about the Omega One fish food. If any of you used it or still using it please tell me your opinion.

Dried fish foods differ in % of protein. I've never used Omega One but have heard that it's very high in protein. This would make it a quality fish food.

Read the labels on the fish food cans for a comparison. :wink:

I use it, and if you look at the list of ingredients it seems to be higher quality than a lot of other brands, like the flakes use whole fish instead of fish meal, there are fewer "fillers", etc. I've also heard really good things about Ocean Nutrition brand but I can't get it locally so I don't have any personal experience with it. My fish really like the Omega One though, I use the veggie flakes, the cichlid pellets, the color enhancing flakes, and the veggie rounds.

I've used OSI as part of my feeding rotation. I have OSI spirulina flakes and their standard flake.
Doesn't seem to break down into much phosphate either. I'm always having to dose my 75 with phosphate (for the plants), so I consider it pretty 'clean'.

The only thing I don't like about it is that there are some harder chunks and clumps in it, but that may be because they use whole fish rather than fish meal.

I have to agree, there are large "chunks" of maybe bone or something, other than that I like it. (er... so do the fish)

That's what I use to feed most of my fish. I am very pleased with how healthy my fish are and their coloring. I use just about every Omega One type food they make except for the goldfish food.

it is what i use for a flake food exclusively now. The "chunks" are not bone, it is rather some moisture that wasn't extracted from the processing from what i have been able to read. But it is the best i have used!

Back
Top Bottom