Opaline Gourami May Be On His Way Out!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm pretty sure you have all females, except 1 of the pearls is a male. Given that, I think you could add a male gold or opaline. You could also go with a female (or multiple) of either color. Just by adding 1 more, you'll probably notice a difference with the aggressive behavior being more spread.

BTW, all the opalines I have/had (includes males & females) are/were at least somewhat of a bully. Not sure why that color strain seems to be the meanest.

Thanks Rok! I was pretty sure that I had one of each of the Pearls because their fins are noticeably different, but the rest of them all look the same. I'll have to keep my eyes open at the lfs to see when they get a new batch of Gouramis so I can add more. :)

I did read that Opalines are the more aggressive, but I thought that with the number of Gouramis that I was shooting for it would cut back on the aggression some.

I've got a male and female opaline in a 30 gal with a fancy rosy barb, pleco, african cichlid, mollie, 3 tetras, 2 goldfish(dunno what kind), albino cat, and a few others...I just can't remember at the moment. Anyway, the male opaline was chasing everything around...all the time. So I put him in my 55 with 2 oscars, 2 parrots, 3 GT, JD, pink convict ect ect. They picked on him for like a day, then they all calmed down. A week or so later, I scooped him back up and put him back in the tank with the female opaline. He doesn't chase anything anymore. And the female opaline no longer hides behind a plant all the time. Interesting way to fix the problem...but it worked.

Back
Top Bottom