Opaline gourami missing !?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Had to of gotten eaten. I lifted up the decor, nothing swam out ...

sorry to reply so fast , but just because you lift it up does not me the fish will just slide out . As i just mentioned ive had to knock on that plastic kind of stuff to get out critters and fish out.

This is the reason im going to no pinch point tanks. Im done losing fish to pinch point and getting stuck

Fish that are hiding in decorations can be VERY stubborn at staying inside them even if you pull the decoration up. I once had a pleco that refused to leave his sunken ship decoration even after I lifted it out of the water for several minutes straight. Even if everyone in the tank was munching on the gourami's body you should still find a skeleton left over from a 4 inch fish. I'd do as the previous poster mentioned and pick up the decorations again, but this time knock on them for a while before moving on.

Don't lose hope that she might still be alive, I've had several fish that I would have bet money that they had died and been eaten only to rediscover them several months later when doing a tank re-arrange. Fish are notoriously good at hiding when they want to!

I'm telling you it died and got ate. I took out all decor and pounded them against the floor. Heard nothing, saw nothing :(

Well if you think it was eaten by other fish then I will go with the fact you starved the other fish and it ate your fish. Sorry only thing I can thing of. If you didnt have ani carnivores in the tank then ya the other fish were starving.

Well if you think it was eaten by other fish then I will go with the fact you starved the other fish and it ate your fish. Sorry only thing I can thing of. If you didnt have ani carnivores in the tank then ya the other fish were starving.

Lol I know for sure my fish aren't starving

Hmmm, I guess there's odder scenarios I've heard of... My friend managed to have an entire tank of guppies turn up empty without a trace overnight when it had a tight fitting lid and the cats were locked up in another room... Current theory is alien abduction :p

Now we need the watch out for the guppy abducting aliens lol hahahah

Ha!!! Yeah I'll stick to the fish ate my other fish theory ;)

However when I pulled out my decor it stunk really bad. That's normal though since it's been in there awhile I'm assuming?

Yeah, décor can smell if you don't clean it regularly because bits of food and poop can work its way down into the crevices and grow stinky stuff.

Now we need the watch out for the guppy abducting aliens lol hahahah

This isn't actually very funny so please refrain from making the OPs problem a joke. If you knew anything about angelfish you know they're omnivores and will eat other smaller living things too. Whether they killed and ate his gourami is questionable yes but your comment about him "starving" his fish is ridiculous and rather ill-natured, you know nothing about him or his fish keeping. Telling people when theyre wrong is one thing, but your post wasn't in the slightest bit constructive.

However when I pulled out my decor it stunk really bad. That's normal though since it's been in there awhile I'm assuming?

That's normal, I wouldn't think it's your gour either as I dont think its been missing long enough to kick up a smell yet. If you cant find it what so ever I would keep a seriously watchful eye on your parameters over the next few day to weeks and also for any strange behaviour as a rotting fish can bring disease along with it.

Last edited:
This isn't actually very funny so please refrain from making the OPs problem a joke. If you knew anything about angelfish you know they're omnivores and will eat other smaller living things too. Whether they killed and ate his gourami is questionable yes but your comment about him "starving" his fish is ridiculous and rather ill-natured, you know nothing about him or his fish keeping. Telling people when theyre wrong is one thing, but your post wasn't in the slightest bit constructive. That's normal, I wouldn't think it's your gour either as I dont think its been missing long enough to kick up a smell yet. If you cant find it what so ever I would keep a seriously watchful eye on your parameters over the next few day to weeks and also for any strange behaviour as a rotting fish can bring disease along with it.

Thanks so much for the help :)

I'm curious to see how this turns out.

I've also had a couple of fish disappear without a trace, but assumed maybe they died overnight and my Assasin Snails made quick work of the corpses...

It's just frustrating not to KNOW.

I'm curious to see how this turns out. I've also had a couple of fish disappear without a trace, but assumed maybe they died overnight and my Assasin Snails made quick work of the corpses... It's just frustrating not to KNOW.

Exactly -_-

I'm afraid I can't be of help here, but I'm very interested in how this will turn out.

Good luck!

This may sound really dumb, but if you have an HOB for filtration, have you checked it to make sure it didn't jump in there?

Back
Top Bottom