Ordering fish online?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BobandBecca

Aquarium Advice Regular
We are not really interested in buying anymore fish from petsmart. Not really sure about having them shipped to us either. For the record we are thinking about adding a Bolivian Ram to our tank. Feel free to comment on our stock as it stands now. To wrap this up can anyone give advice when ordering fish online or specific site to try?

They're are a few members on here which sell amazing specimens like severum mama but ordering fish is much better then getting them from the lfs since they are skipping a whole step. How do you think they get to the lfs :)

Good point i didn't think of it that way. i just can't see the UPS driver not throwing the package at my front door then leaving it sit in the sun for hours. i would have to guess that it says live animals on the box or something like that.

I order from liveaquaria always. The fish arrive the next day (on weekdays) and they are always healthy looking and very hungry. I recently placed an order and it didn't arrive overnight due to weather (FedEx fault not liveaquaria) like I had paid for and within hours of my email their customer service had refunded my shipping cost. My arowana arrived after 2 days in a box and he was quite healthy and hungry. they also offer a 14 day live warranty so if it doesn't make the trip they will send a new one. Highly recommend that site.

There are many good places to order from on-line. I've dealt with Live Aquaria, Oddball Fish, and Aquarium Fish.net. For angelfish I've gotten all through Mellow Aquatics since you get to pick the actual angels you want to buy.

Back
Top Bottom