Oscar that plays catch

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hiltymj

Aquarium Advice FINatic
A yep the title says it all. My friend showed me his Oscar yesterday for the first time and said hey watch this. He continued to open up the top of the tank and the Oscar swam right over. Next thing I know he tosses a ping pong ball in there and the Oscar grabbed it and spit it back! I couldnt believe it. So he continued to do that for a while and then he said just don't pay attention to him now. So we didnt and the Oscar got mad and took his tail and hit the ball out and splashed water everywhere! Coolest Oscar ever in my book

Ahhhh! What a cute story! My TO wags his tail & acts like he wants to be petted like a dog whenever I come home from work lol! Sometimes he thinks he is a dog ha ha! He also likes to lunge and act like he's attacking my dogs through the glass, it's a real riot to watch!! My 2 dogs which are Jack Russels look @ him like he's CRAZY!!! Rofl! :)

yepp - Oscars have Great personality. They learn to recognise their owners.

I liken them to the Dogs of the fish world :)

bruinsbro1997 said:
Makes me want to get an Oscar now! If only I had a big enough tank :)

I have mine in a 75g but now I wish I had upgraded to a 90g! He just seems to keep growing! He's 5 yrs old so you think he wouldn't get any bigger! Either my eyes are playing tricks on me or he IS still growing! Lol! :)

Love my oscar, definitely my favorite fish. I've been feeding him out of my hand in the tank so he gets really used to me. My eel actually eats out of my hand too. My pleco is a bit scared since the oscar picks on him, so he usually hides. I can't get the pleco to take wafers from me yet.

It's funny when the oscar misses the food and bites my hand, then he swims away super fast like OOPS SORRY.

Back
Top Bottom