Otocinclus Food?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rxblade123

Aquarium Advice Freak
I got 2 Otocinclus yesterday and been wondering what I should feed them. The algae on the tank glass won't last too long. I have some of those algae tablets and tried dropping some small pieces around the tank, but they showed no interest in them. Any ideas to what I should feed them?

Sometimes it takes a few times introducing the algae tabs before they will take a nibble. They also love cucumber, spinach, zucchini, brocoli. Again, you may have to put these things in a few times before they will investigate. You can also leave the veggies in over night. Also, I slightly blanch the cucumber and zucchini, and I use frozen brocoli and spinach (thawed) Oh yea, and also thawed frozen peas minus the shell is great too.

Just take out the seeds. In my experience the skin helps hold it together. Also get yourself a mag feeder. It is a magnetic veggie clip offered by one of our sponsors(see sponsor area). I love the thing, and so do my veggie lovers.

My otocinclus will eat from an algae disk if I leave it in overnight. I've spotted him munching away after the lights are out. Every few days or so I just drop one in in the evening and fish out whatever may be left in the morning. Between the otto and the snail there is usually nothing left though.

Back
Top Bottom