Overstocked?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DirtyTankMan

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a 45 gallon tank with the following fish

3 bosemani Rainbowfish
6 neon tetras
2 black skirt tetras
2 rummys
2 harlequin rasboras
2 black phantom tetras
6 corys
2 ottos

I have a Rena xp3 filter that had 350 gph (more like 300 now)

I think your ok but you really need to fill in some schools.

Yeah I do... I always end up with the leftovers from my family's terrible tanks.. The rummys school with the neons usually and the rasboras and phantoms stick together. I want to set the skirts up in a different tank and then get six of each school and maybe one or two more rainbows. (I will Definetly be pushing it then)

DirtyTankMan said:
Yeah I do... I always end up with the leftovers from my family's terrible tanks.. The rummys school with the neons usually and the rasboras and phantoms stick together. I want to set the skirts up in a different tank and then get six of each school and maybe one or two more rainbows. (I will Definetly be pushing it then)

I think you will be fine if you stay on top of your water changes. The smaller tetras have really low bioloads. (Rummies, Neons, Rasboras)

GodFan said:
+1 Thats why I like them :)

Agreed. I'm always sucking up a lot of poop from my Blood Parrots, Plecos, Angels, and big Catfish from my 150 but when I clean my 10 with neons and Guppies there's hardly any waste.

Back
Top Bottom