Overstocked??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

Hi guys, I'm going to this girls place toinght to pickup some of the fish she either doesnt want or doesn't have room for. Just wondering with what I have if it will over stock me.
Current tank they will be put in:
29 gallons, regen hob filter, ugf.
3 albino bristlenose plecs
1 albino cory cat
2 head/tail light tetras

What i'm getting from her:
2 - 3 line corys
2 - schwartzi corys
2 - pepered corys (forget the sci. name)
4 - neon tetras
7 - glowlight tetras

Will that be too much? overall that would amount to:
7 cory cats
3 plecos
13 tetras

I do pwc once a week and my test kit shows no ammonia/nitrites and nitrates hang around the 20-40 area.
Any input before I go pick up these fish tonight would be helpful.
TIA
-Stewie

Nope you will be fine. As long as you keep up your water changes. True this tank may be a little full when everyone is fully grown, perhaps you could upgrade in a year or so? Still even at full growth I believe you will be fine, just keep testing and if you start to get amminia etc. maybe just do an extra non gravel vaccing PWC. JMHO.

Thats what I thought, but wanted to check. I know the pleco's are pooping machines, but the bioload of the cories/tetras are minimal. as for the swimming room, i think i'll be fine. The plecos are rarely on the bottom anyways, they are either in a cave or on the side of the tank. I've been wanting to get my albino cory some company for some time now. Just hope she likes them. I've had her for almost 4 years now.. what a lonely life lol..
Thanks
-Stewie

I at first thought yes overcrowded. If the plecos aren't too big I agree that you should be ok. As the plecos get larger it might get crowded. Should make for a pretty active tank.

mitche,
The plecos are just babies.. well sortof. I got them all at the same time and the one is about 2 inches now. the other two are nearing the 1.5 inch mark. I have a bigger tank I can put them in when they get bigger. Yes, i agree that this will be a pretty active tank :) I'm tired of watching my 2 lonely head/tail light tetras just hovering there until something distrubs them lol.
-Stewie

Back
Top Bottom