Painted cave safe??????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishguy17

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Ok so I have this coconut hut that I fit from the local pet store that I used for my hermit crabs. But it's painted and well now I don have crabs anymore I have fish. So one is Pregnant and I was wondering if I could put this in her isolation tank to calm her during birth or give the fry a place to hide if I'm not home when they are born.

Thanks.

I would rather see you get a plant! If you know what kind of paint it is, I wouldn't use it. My kid put a figurine in her tank and the paint peeled and she lost a few fish. I think it would just be easier and safer. Good luck!

Ok we'll here is the problem with that all my plants are in my ten gallon and are just now sprouting so I can't move them. And he isolation tank is bare so I would have to go buy gravel. Which would be hard to go the plants and gravel because the roads are really icy and besides I'm not of the age to drive so I'm stuck at home.

Ok we'll here is the problem with that all my plants are in my ten gallon and are just now sprouting so I can't move them. And he isolation tank is bare so I would have to go buy gravel. Which would be hard to go the plants and gravel because the roads are really icy and besides I'm not of the age to drive so I'm stuck at home.

I am in the same place you are - not driving! Do you or mom have a small cup, or mug that is glass? If it is painted and dishwasher safe, you should be save. Even even a small Tupperware? You don't need the gravel but what will you do after the fry arrive?

Well I'm not sure about the cups because she don't really care for fish much. But I have the female isolated and I'm on spring break and I have no plans so ill be able to stay up and keep an eye on her. Once she gives birth ill remove her. And let the babies stay in the isolating tank.

Back
Top Bottom