Painted Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I see all these different parrotfish, dyed, regular, heart shaped and whatnot and I really can't believe they make these things. They do not seem happy at all IMO.
I've seen a peppered cory with all of it's fins incredibly long, it could barely swim around and has trouble putting it's mouth onto the gravel to eat food. Some humans are just cruel. There is no need for hybrids or changing the appearance of animals IMO, especially for our visual pleasure. There are plenty of beautiful, unaltered animals.

Flutterby21782 said:
It's not like there aren't "deformed" humans that do just fine with everyday life. There are other mixed breed animals. A mule isn't natural, wolf hybrids aren't natural. The list goes on and on. I don't understand the big deal with the hybrid arguement.
That's fine, but there are animals being artifically bred to look a certain way and are in pain and/or aren't able to function as a normal one would (eat normally, breed, etc.), I don't think that's ok.

Just my thoughts..

RoK said:
I've seen a peppered cory with all of it's fins incredibly long, it could barely swim around and has trouble putting it's mouth onto the gravel to eat food. Some humans are just cruel.

Um...longfin paleatus are a naturally occuring variant.

Alot of times I will see painted tetras and sometimes, gouramis with a bright checkerboard pattern on them. It's sad sometimes because I think they can't possibly live as long and be healthy.

The most common dyed fish I see are parrots. And alot of them are deformed looking, too. When I bought mine, fortunately it wasn't died. I didn't know about them being hybrids either, otherwise I would have never got him, but it's too late now, though he does have the most personality of all my fish. (mean :? too)

Um...longfin paleatus are a naturally occuring variant.

I was about to say that. At my LFS they seem as happy as the others, but they're about $5 more expensive.

This one that I saw the fins seemed longer than any others I've seen, couldn't they have bred them to be longer?.

Back
Top Bottom