Panda Tetra aka Dawn Tetra

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

webmoose

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I have to post this from my experiences this week...

My panda's in their 4th month decided to start getting nippy. I lost one of my praecox rainbows and a few cardinals.

The cardinals were moved over from my 8 gallon and similar size and shape to the panda tetras. I saw them start chasing them around on day 3.

Any how just had to share this experience in case you ever come across these little tetras.

They are fast assertive fun to have fish but turned in to little fin nipping meanies..

Thanks for listening.....

mooooooose

they are the same size as a full grown neon or cardinal tetra.

No pics.. They are always swimming really fast.. :)

Mooose

Wow - rainbow-killing tetras! I know there are several tetras that can get much nippier than you would expect from an average tetra, and we'll just have to add pandas to the list. Thanks for the heads up, and sorry you've had this uprising of sorts :(

Just so I am clear here the tetras stressed my praecox and that was the cause of death.. there was no physical damage on the praecox.

There was physical damage on my neons and cardinals.. Looked like they had sissors taken to their fins....

The penguins were super cool.. A few weeks ago I was going to post an endorsment for them being so full of spunk.. swimming all over the tank.. Little did I know they were forming a gang of thugs..

:(

Mooose

The panda's are no longer mine.. I couldn't risk them in either of my tanks..

Their space will eventually be taken up by happy peaceful guppys.

Mooose

(like that menagerie.. :) )

Sorry about misinterpreting you, Moose, I'd hate to contribute to the poor reputation of what I am sure is a totally groovy fish!

Now, we are ready to learn what you got at the auction! :)

Oh man.. Tank girl you didn't misrepresent me.. I just read your post and noticed I had been kinda vague.. :)

I am sure they are groovy fish for someone just no longer me.. :)

I got a really really cool guppy foursome.. 2 male 2 female Albino Plantnum guppys

They have a 2 tail veil with a crown in the middle and a really cool long top fin.. Supper nice fish... I will try to post pics once they play along and get settled..

Mooooose

I saw them before the auction.. Though they were regular guppys (double bag kinda hard to see) I saw the color and I was sold on them!!

I was thinking in the back of my mind that a veil tail fish would be cool.. Didn't expect to find them in the guppys..

I also went and saw crowntail bettas and these guys kinda have a crown so it is like 6 fish in one to me.. haha...

Mooooose

Back
Top Bottom