pH test question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't know the reason why but I hope someone can help because mine is exactly the same just slightly lower.

Look at you card and notice there is no 7.4 on normal ph test. Plus I found that the color on the freshwater test card is really tricky in that 7.2 to 7.6 range. The color is just slightly different shades of blue so how are you to tell exactly what your number is. I'd stick with the high ph test until your ph drops (if your wanting it lower) thats what I did when I first set the last tank up. Then switched to the normal when my ph dropped due to RO WC's, which is what I was doing to lower my ph.

Rivercats said:
Look at you card and notice there is no 7.4 on normal ph test. Plus I found that the color on the freshwater test card is really tricky in that 7.2 to 7.6 range. The color is just slightly different shades of blue so how are you to tell exactly what your number is. I'd stick with the high ph test until your ph drops (if your wanting it lower) thats what I did when I first set the last tank up. Then switched to the normal when my ph dropped due to RO WC's, which is what I was doing to lower my ph.

That's true, but reading the instructions for the test kit for pH it says that if you have a pH higher than 7.6 its gonna turn a slight bit darker(which mine does) and the instructions for the high range pH says if you have a pH lower than 7.4 it will show a REALLY light brown(which mine does as well).

So I'm confused because according to the test I have 2 different pH's in one tank lol

Back
Top Bottom