PH test question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Krogman

Aquarium Advice Freak
My standard API ph test ways reads 7.6 and my high ph test reads 7.4. Can I safely say that my ph is 7.5?

Good to know I'm not funkin something up. Thank you. Also good To know that my pH is stable

My standard API ph test ways reads 7.6 and my high ph test reads 7.4. Can I safely say that my ph is 7.5?

It's actually more likely in the 7.3-7.4 range. Your standard test is not actually reading 7.6 (blue) as a blue result simply indicates your ph is any number higher than 7.2. A 7.4 reading on the high test indicates your ph may be 7.4 or it may be any number below 7.4. Kind of a 'grey' area but the combined results puts you above 7.2 but not above 7.4 thus 7.3-7.4. If you have a decent lfs that utilizes ph meters, it would help with a more precise answer. :)

It's actually more likely in the 7.3-7.4 range. Your standard test is not actually reading 7.6 (blue) as a blue result simply indicates your ph is any number higher than 7.2. A 7.4 reading on the high test indicates your ph may be 7.4 or it may be any number below 7.4. Kind of a 'grey' area but the combined results puts you above 7.2 but not above 7.4 thus 7.3-7.4. If you have a decent lfs that utilizes ph meters, it would help with a more precise answer. :)

Mine is in the middle like that and comes in at 7.4 (last reading) on the ph meter. Meter is calibrated only with one solution at 7 so not sure how super accurate it is.

Back
Top Bottom