Phosphate high?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Delapool, if you contact Dave at Aquagreen he will help you. He was recommended to me as I was having trouble with plants, he is fantastic. Aqua green is located in the NT, sell plants, their own range of ferts, fish.

Sent from anteatergoanna's burrow

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1404386562.023762.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1404386736.454712.jpg

Thanks I'll look them up. The second photo shows the worse plant (hopefully). Apart from the pin pricks, the top leaves seem to be going glassy and dying off. I had this with another plant out of direct light so I assume nutrient deficiency again but don't really know.

Edit - many thanks, I'll try a small order from there.

Last edited:
Delapool, if you contact Dave at Aquagreen he will help you. He was recommended to me as I was having trouble with plants, he is fantastic. Aqua green is located in the NT, sell plants, their own range of ferts, fish.

Sent from anteatergoanna's burrow

This looks great for the Dinosaur Spit (gluteraldehyde). The price works out about 6 times cheaper I think as it looks the same cost but they supply at 10% whereas API CO2 Booster SDS has it at 1.6%.

Oops, tested phosphate last night and was easily 10ppm. I think as I had one canister switched off last week to allow the plants to root. Switched back on this week.

I saw a post from Rivercats on another thread that this could be ok. Although I do wonder how this and iron interacts at higher ph values. New plants are growing ok. Was really nice to see the rosy barbs eating the new shoots :(

The good news is very little algae. The GSA is hanging onto one plant I should just replace but it and the BBA are minimal.

Back
Top Bottom