Pictus Catfish Live Feed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KJurgelewicz

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 3" Pictus Catfish, who already ate 1 of the smaller fish in my tank. I was wondering if I can buy feeder fish and feed him them or if that is a bad idea. Id like to live feed him, but before I go buy a tank to hold feeder fish and all, I want to know if this will work. Let me know what you think. Thanks.

Pictus cats luv earthworms as well and as long as they're chemical free they're completely safe and a much better source of protein than feeder fish.:)

I've heard people say that fish that are fed live foods on a regular basis become very picky eaters. Also, if your goal is to get him to NOT eat the other fish in the tank, then offering him feeders is probably not the best idea.

The other fish in the tank are much larger so he cannot eat them. I just want to feed him something better. My pet store sells crickets so maybe I will do that. With crickets, do I just put a live cricket on the surface of the water?

Back
Top Bottom