Play sand- what brand?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nope fluorite. It's evidently nasty stuff- I will have to rinse way better next time. I do want sand but how would I go about putting in sand after this stuff is already there?

You could drain the tank, add the sand and then carefully add water by pouring it slowly onto a bowl or plate. I think your fish would need to stay in the 2.5g for a while longer though.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

A few water changes will help clear it up and you can add sand as a cap but it will more than likely mix together eventually

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Okay, thanks. Since the water has become pretty clear in the last hour, I started acclimation by drip and the fish look tons better.

Reason rinsing is suggested so as not to clog your filter to much
you may be finding yourself cleaning your fliter a little more than normal to keep up with the dust and debris

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yeah I have already switched out and rinsed cartridges on the temp. filters. I'm releasing the fish in five to ten minutes- hope they won't get sucked into filter though!

Yeah I have already switched out and rinsed cartridges on the temp. filters. I'm releasing the fish in five to ten minutes- hope they won't get sucked into filter though!

Why would they get sucked into the filters? The strainers on the intake tubes are attached, correct?

Yes but the babies are quite small. They are in a breeder tank because the filter strainers are big enough to admit them.
Update!
Alright les fishe are in the tank! Can't see them too well, hoping for a better view tom. They are swimming well and coloration has improved, no cause for concern! Crossing my fingers for 17 swimming fish tom. as opposed to 17 floating fish. They are playing in the filter outwash and seem happy. Males are flaring their fins and swimming well in the very strong current. Females are dashing around and chasing each other. They are sticking together but they can see the tank about as well as me so I understand their reluctance to move to the inside!

If you want more info on this tank, please go to my thread called "My 33 Gal. Community Tank Log!"

Emerald76

Emerald76

Just get a plastic cup and start digging away, that's what I did for my 60 gal

I did it over a course of three days as to not disturb the balance of the tank too much

Oh lol I was reading the feed on last page

Back
Top Bottom