Please identify this fish! & Also a couple of questions regarding shrimp & bn plecos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DaisyJ

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Please identify this fish! & Also a couple of questions regarding shrimp & bn plecos

Hi guys!

So I bought a new tank 2 and a half weeks ago - fully up and running and has been for several years.

Its 29 gallons (high) and came with guppies, various tetras, a clown loach (which I've taken to my lfs) and a bristlenose pleco.

However, there is one fish that I can't identify:

20150708_214950[1].jpg

(sorry, my computers being slow and won't let me rotate the pic before uploading... :S )

He's about the same size or bigger as my glowlight tetras but he's striped in various shades of orange & black. He also has a very bloated looking belly so I think he must be poorly, however I've had the tank 2 and a half weeks and he seems to be acting in a healthy manner... Hopefully once I know what he is I'll be able to look into it more accurately. As of yet all the other fish seem fine :)

On a side note, I'm going to be putting the fish & shrimp from my other tank into this new one, I'm not too worried about my 2 guppies and 2 endlers, but...:

1) does any one have any tips on catching amano shrimp? I caught 2 on my first attempt but now they seem to have caught on to hiding when the nets out... I dangled some cucumber in the water today and caught a 3rd, but it wasn't as successful as I'd hoped and there is still 2 or 3 left...

2) also I have an albino bristlenose pleco (probably female despite being named Jimmy), am I ok to put her into this new tank with the new bristlenose pleco (pretty sure his male)? I've seem a bit online about them being territorial which has made me worry, what has also made me worry is a post saying they can breed as easily as guppies?! I think this is going to be a try it and see scenario... worst case I should be able to take the new b.pleco to the lfs.

Thanks in advance :D

Yep, it's a cherry barb!

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom